Northern Kentucky University
School-Based Scholars is NKU's dual-enrollment program that offers eligible high school students the opportunity to take college classes for dual-credit at a reduced tuition rate. Our students can take classes at their high school (if offered), online, at NKU Grant County, and/or at NKU Highland Heights.
To get started, please visit Apply to the SBS Program.
Any student coming to NKU's main campus or NKU Grant County is encouraged to meet with a Norse Advisor who can help guide students to appropriate courses and help students register for courses. Once you're admitted into the program, you may call 859-572-6900 to set up an appointment.
Click HERE for more information on NKU's School Based Scholars Program.
Gateway Community & Technical College
High School Early College Dual Credit Program
Gateway is committed to providing dual credit/enrollment opportunities to Kentucky high school students to reduce the cost and time required to get a college degree.
We value dual credit/enrollment education because
- Courses provide highly relevant and academically sound courses for secondary students, especially in areas of high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand programs.
- These programs add value to the high-school experience by enhancing the college and career readiness of secondary students.
- These programs increase student matriculation from secondary school to college.
- These programs reduce the time and cost to attain a postsecondary credential.
- These programs increase completion rates and decrease remediation rates for secondary and postsecondary students.
Click HERE for more information on Gateway's High School Early College Dual Credit Program.